I should be doing something other then writing a blog post, I could be doing anything but I want to say something. The trouble is I don’t know what to say. Over the last year I’ve started but not finished over a half a dozen blog posts. I’ve lost the desire to complete the posts and get it out. So, I’m going to break that spell today. I will publish this post, even if its a crappy post.
What have I been doing in the last year?
There is a lot going on actually, I’ve been very busy.
- I quit my PwC job and started working for a new company
- I left PwC after a really bad review where the manager blamed the project failures (his failures) on me just after I converted to FTE as a newly minted manager
- The new company has been really rocky
- I was expecting a transition, I’ve been at PwC so long, that I expected adjusting to a new company to be hard, just not this hard. In the first 3 months, I was ignored by new team members, shuffled around, work assigned, work taken away, and generally not sure what to do day after day.
- I’m still lost and I can’t get my management team to define goals, responsibilities and expectations
- I like the company, mission and they have given me a lot of free product (I got a bike, lots of shakeology and other shawg)
- I’ve started to help a startup with their web project, which has been a TON of fun.
Personal / Relationships:
- My son is 3 and a half, growing like a weed. He now can order stuff at Chick-Fil-A by himself for things like drink refills, he’s so cute he sometimes is able to charm his way into a free cookie or ice cream from the staff.
- My wife and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this year
Household / fitness etc…:
- We bought a new house in April 2022, massive 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom 3400 sqft monster of a house
- It has a massive backyard
- Fitness hasn’t been a big priority this year. I walk when I go shopping, to the mail box, to get food, sometimes I’ll work on the bike or something, but not as often as I think I’d like to
- Just after moving in I got an Aerogarden, I grew some really big basil plants, which has led to my aerogarden collection.
- I now have 4 Aerogardens and I have grown flowers, beans, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, lettuce, carrots, a lot of things
- I’m planning on using the raised beds and likely just for flowers
- I’m thinking about building some Kratky method outdoor garden. The indoor garden I have now doesn’t scale super big, so I want a big garden
Yes, the one above is my living flower pot that I am growing. I love it. I think about plants a LOT