Welcome to Pro Dev Mentor! I’m Adam Bourg. I’m a software engineer with more than a decade of technical experience. I’m currently working as a team lead building the future of TV. I am passionate about building and supporting Agile teams to deliver high quality software. As I began working in the field, I noticed the lack of software engineering professional development opportunities beyond how to work with the trendiest technology.
Our mission at Pro Dev Mentor is to challenge software engineers to become effective leaders in their organizations. We do this by exploring technical and non-technical topics from a leadership perspective.
This blog is for you if want to:
- Level up your career
- Grow and develop better habits
- Learn new skills and techniques to maximize pay, experience and responsibility
- Increase your marketability
- Articulate yourself better to colleagues and managers
- Build secure, testable performant code in any platform
You can expect 2-3 in-depth posts every month. To get the most current information, you can sign up for our newsletter, where we will share a monthly post summary and tidbits about current best practices in the field.
You can look forward to posts about:
- The look and feel of effective technical mentorship
- Asking the right questions
- Mentoring junior technical staff
- Mentoring the organization to come up to a better process
Effective Agile Series:
- Refactor the Retrospective to be more effective
- Use a better pointing philosophy
We have about 30 different topics that we’re going to explore over the coming months. I hope you will stay tuned.