Welcome! I’m glad you’re here. Linkedin restricts messages to 300 characters and I have more than that I want to say here.
If you’re a recruiter please proceed. If you’re a financial advisor or someone selling me a product, I kindly ask you to please leave me alone.
Thanks so much for reaching out. I’m always interested in hearing about what new and exciting opportunities are out there. As a software engineer I’m sure you can imagine that I get a very high volume of recruiters reaching out on LinkedIn. It is a wonderful position of privilege to be in and I’m thankful for it.
It does however mean that I don’t have the time to hop on a call with everyone who reaches out. A lot of the time, incoming messages represent a very poor fit indeed.
I would love to continue the conversation, but before I do, I’d like to level set around the level of seniority that you’re looking for. Can you send along the company name, a job description and, total compensation details for the role you’re reaching out in reference to? While I very much appreciate the fact that exceptionally talented and engaged recruiters reach out consistently, sorting serious and high quality opportunities from spam would be a full time job without an autoresponder. In the absence of detailed information regarding the nature of the opportunity in question, I will be unavailable for further discussion. Thanks again for reaching out!
I look forward to hearing from you.
What do I want in my next job?
- Fully Remote only roles. **Part time on site, 3 days a week from home etc… no thank you. I work from home or from a hotel when traveling. If it’s not remote, please don’t reach out. **
- Full time or Contract. Tell me up front. I’m seeking a Full Time Role.
- Disclosure of rate. If it’s contract, give me your C2C/1099 rate if it’s a salary give me the full range. If you don’t like it, I’m very sorry but it is now Colorado State Law.
- Short interview process. If you have 6 interviews, a bunch of take home work and other crap; I’m not interested.
- Autonomy of schedule. I have Therapy at 9 am on Thursdays and I teach a computer programming class at a local highschool as a volunteer Wednesday afternoons. Neither is negotiable. I need therapy and to teach kids to program.
- Equity, Options or RSUs – I need and want skin in the business.